22 November 2018
Purpose: Be responsible for the Sourcing, Negotiation and Buying of goods, materials and services for MAATS Tech Limited.
- Purchase goods, materials or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets and to the necessary specifications as advised.
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers/sub-contractors and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity to reduce purchasing costs where possible
- Manage the internal Supply Chain Database (SCD) which provides an integrated Request for Quotation (RFQ) and Purchase Ordering (PO) System against Engineering derived Bill of Materials (BoM)
- Work with the suppliers/subcontractors to build and maintain relationships
- Understand requirements of technical specifications and drawings. Work alongside engineers and suppliers to ensure that technical intent is maintained.
- Be able to assess and evaluate suppliers/sub-contractors and maintain Approved Supplier List. When required undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities
- Manage the procurement and applicable logistics including shipping, handling, coordinating deliveries of Aftersales such as Spares.
- Assess tenders and quotations from potential suppliers/sub-contractors
- Ability to gather information from a variety of sources and compile into comprehensive data to provide reports to Senior Management Team/Company Board
- Explore alternate sources for goods, materials and services
- Maintain a high standard of work within the boundaries of the Quality system, ensuring that relevant paperwork is developed in accordance with the company QMS.
- Be schedule driven to ensure compliance with the programme.
- Be able to travel national and internationally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels of the internal organisation
- Good problem solver with excellent organisational skills.
- Be able to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders
- Natural multitasker with the ability to adapt to evolving circumstances.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work within multi discipline projects.
- Relevant business/commercial or Manufacturing/Engineering degree preferred
- Member or applying for membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS)
- Contract management and supplier/subcontractor experience
- Experience in MS Office Packages including Access. Visio would be desirable.
- Knowledge or experience in the offshore, oilfield or marine industries would be desirable but not essential.
- Proven purchasing experience, preferably within a manufacturing/integration environment
- Working with a Material Resource Planning (MRP) system.
- Logistical process understanding
- Working within a procedural and structured environment
- Capable of working within a pressurised environment.
Experience with handling clients and subcontractors throughout the product lifecycle from Development to Aftersales
Job Dimensions: Job Dimensions: Working as an integral part of the multi-disciplinary team to consistently deliver first class results to MAATS clients.
Send a copy of your CV to the HR department. email@example.com