Senior FEA Project Engineer
24 October 2018
1. Assessing complex structures and assemblies to ensure they satisfy client requirements.
2. Manage analysis projects. Ensuring that the results are delivered on time, to the cost allowed and to the appropriate quality criteria.
3. Mentor and coach junior engineering staff within the FEA team to assist them in the development of the technical solution to analytical projects.
4. Provide a first point of contact with clients during a project to ensure queries are closed out within the shortest possible time frame.
5. Control external analytical resource to ensure the output is delivered on time, to the cost allowed and to the right quality.
6. Quality control and internal auditing of the analytical process ensuring the project delivers the expected results to the appropriate standards.
7. Provide support as necessary to the Head of Analysis to assist the customer.
8. Provide accurate and timely forecasts to the Project Manager to allow for accurate planning, reporting and estimating.
9. Management of the technical risk, ensuring that all risks are actioned and mitigated as required.
1. Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels of the organisation.
2. Ability to provide technical leadership to junior members of the team.
3. Good problem solver and objective decision maker.
4. Capable of dealing with issues as they develop and solving them swiftly.
5. Facilitates other team members to adapt to changing requirements.
6. Ability to work closely with the customer.
7. Ability to questions design decisions.
1. Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
2. Minimum of 3 years analytical experience using FEMAP and Nastran.
3. In depth knowledge of FE techniques.
4. Design and project management processes.
5. IT literate.
6. 2D and 3D CAD (ideally AutocCAD anf Spaceclaim).
7. Awareness of Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental standards and processes related to the role.
1. In depth knowledge of stress analysis techniques.
2. Steel fabrications and mechanisms.
3. Preparation of high quality technical documentation.
4. Formal calculations, both structural and mechanical.
5. Working with external subcontractors.
6. Presentation of results to the client.
7. Checking and approving work.
8. Working within highly pressurised environments.