Senior Tender and Concepting Engineer
25 January 2019
Purpose: To Technically Lead the Development of Tenders and Concepts of MAATS Products to Enable Business Growth
- Drive cost out via re-thinking or challenging existing design principles and supply chain.
- Develop new concepts to expand MAATS product range to an appropriate level of design detail to demonstrate technical feasibility and enable accurate costing.
- Quick turnaround of first off technical proposals and new concept ideas for internal and external clients.
- Develop and provide technical content for bids, working with the Tendering Team and the Business Development Director in accordance with the agreed timelines.
- Manage multiple tenders at different stages of development and apply appropriate level of detail to Concept / budget quote / firm quote / design for manufacture
- Attend client meetings either face to face or remotely to understand client needs and describe MAATS products in terms of technical function and advantage.
- Provide information on concepts to Patent Attorney to enable patent applications to be written.
- Carry out initial analysis and engineering calculations to confirm design feasibility and fabrication weights.
- Ability to work alone or within a small team.
- Identify risks that would require mitigation in order to take the product forward. Lead development / prototype testing where appropriate.
- Work with the project team to develop the scope of work required to turn concept into final product for delivery to client
- Hold design reviews with directors and internal functions - FEA, electrical control, supply chain, installation and commissioning - to review risks, obtain buy-in and estimation of development costs.
- Working with Supply Chain, liaise with suppliers with regards to manufacturability and cost. Review and query proposals where applicable
- Work within MAATS’ QMS, in particular MAATS product development process
- Mentor and coach junior engineering staff within the offices to assist them in the development of the technical solution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to provide technical leadership to junior members of the team.
- Good problem solver and objective decision maker.
- Capable of dealing with issues as they develop and solving them swiftly.
- Facilitates other team members to adapt to changing requirements.
- Ability to work closely with the customer.
- Ability to question design decisions.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent experience) in an engineering discipline. Ideally Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status.
- Design and project management processes.
- Technical risk management
- Value engineering
- IT literate.
- 2D and 3D CAD (primarily AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor and Sketch Up).
- Awareness of Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental standards and processes related to the role.
- Knowledge of offshore design codes ie DNV / Lloyds
- Design of mechanical handling systems within harsh environments.
- Heavy steel fabrications and mechanisms.
- Delivery of high value engineering projects.
- Preparation of high-quality technical documentation.
- Formal calculations, both structural and mechanical.
- Use of Finite Element Analysis packages.
- Hydraulic system design and packaging of the system.
- Working with external sub-contractors, including sub-contract draughting.
- Installation and commissioning of equipment.
- Checking and approving another person’s work.
- Working within highly pressurised environments.
Job Dimensions: Provide and develop concept solutions for internal and external clients to the required time, cost and quality in a safe and sustainable manner.
Send your CV to MAATS HR department. email@example.com