Graduate FEA Project Engineer
8 May 2019
Purpose: Provide technical assistance on analytical projects.
- Constructing FEA models to simulate their operational conditions in accordance with client specifications.
- Analysing complex structures and assemblies to ensure they satisfy client requirements.
- Undertaking manual calculations to supplement the numerical analyses.
- Ensuring that the results are delivered on time to the appropriate quality criteria.
- Provide a second point of contact with clients during a project to ensure queries are closed out within the shortest possible timeframe.
- Quality control and internal auditing of the analytical process ensuring the project delivers the expected results to the appropriate standards.
- Provide support as necessary to the Principal Analysis Engineer to assist the customer.
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels of the organisation.
- Good problem solver and objective decision maker.
- Capable of dealing with issues as they develop and solving them swiftly.
- Ability to work closely with the customer.
- Ability to question design decisions.
- Ability to work under intense pressure.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Working knowledge of FEA techniques.
- Exposure to either of the following: Nastran, Abaqus and Ansys.
- Design and project management processes.
- IT literate.
- 2D and 3D CAD (ideally AutoCAD and NX).
- Understanding of stress analysis techniques.
- Steel fabrications and assemblies.
- Preparation of technical documentation.
- Formal calculations, both structural and mechanical.
- Presentation of results to the client.
- Working within highly pressurised environments.
Job Dimensions: Working in a dynamic, highly focused team to provide technical/analytical support to both the in-house design team but also to external clients in a consultancy role.
Send your CV to HR Department firstname.lastname@example.org