Mechanical Design Engineer
Posted: 26th January 2021
Key Results Area:
- Take responsibility for technical development of the engineering design, working under the guidance of the Senior Design Engineers.
- Develop the design consistent with the interfaces assigned by the Senior Design Engineers.
- Develop designs through to the provision of detailed manufacturing drawings.
- Obtain approval for all designs from Senior Design Engineers prior to issue for detailing.
- As required, perform basic hand calculations to ensure that the systems being developed are compliant with required codes and standards.
- Work with the manufacturing sub-contractors as required closing out queries as swiftly as possible to ensure that manufacturing is completed on time, to the required cost and quality.
- Provide support to the Commissioning Manager during the installation phase of a project.
- Work within the boundaries of the Quality system, ensuring that relevant paperwork is developed in accordance with the QMS.
- Provide support as necessary to the Project Managers to assist with the customer.
- Provide accurate and timely forecasts to the Project Manager to allow for accurate planning, reporting and estimating.
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels of the organisation.
- Good problem solver and objective decision maker.
- Capable of dealing with issues as they develop and solving them swiftly.
- Facilitates other team members to adapt to changing requirements.
- Ability to question design decisions.
- Degree qualified an engineering discipline (preferably Mechanical)
- IT literate.
- 2D and 3D CAD experience (preferably AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor)
- Able to undertake basic manual calculations.
- Awareness of Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental standards and processes related to the role.
- Able to undertake UK and International travel.
- Design of mechanical engineering structures and systems.
- Preparation of technical documentation.
- Working within highly pressurised environments.
Job Dimensions: Working as an integral part of the multi-disciplinary engineering team (including sub-contractors) to deliver the equipment to the required time, cost and quality in a safe and sustainable manner.
Reports to: Head of Engineering.