Posted: 24th November 2020
Purpose: Responsible for the Naval Architecture aspects across MAATS for new build and refurbishment projects.
Key Results Area:
- Defining and configuring control of the Naval Architecture elements of the Project/Design.
- Supporting in the technical management of Suppliers including design reviews.
- Co-ordinating Naval Architecture design and assurance reviews for New Build projects as well as Vessel Refurbishment projects.
- Leading on resolution of key Naval Architecture issues across different enquiries, projects and after sales support.
- Management of multiple Naval Architecture work packages with wide scopes of delivery, requiring close control and clear prioritisation to maintain timelines.
- Provide numerical calculations and hand calculations according to the requirements of each Naval Architecture work scope.
- Formal point of contact with the client, sub-contractors and external authorities.
- Develop technical drawings and arrangements.
- Contribute to the marketing and promotion of the company services with suitable material under the guidance of the Principal Naval Architect.
- Responsibility for onsite surveys, assessments and write ups including Stability & Loading Analysis from Inclining Experiments.
- Willingness to travel to contractor and client sites and spend time away from base location during the week.
- Proficient in 2D AutoCad and 3D Inventor for concept development and design detailing.
- Able to perform structural analysis using hand calculations methods and 3D programmes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels of the organisation, both internally and externally.
- Good problem solver and objective decision maker.
- Capable of dealing with issues as they develop and solving them swiftly.
- Degree qualified in Naval Architecture/ Ship Science/ Marine Technologies or similar.
- Experience in commercial or naval ship design including for example Stability, Hydrodynamics, Structures, Ship Outfit, Seamanship.
- Experience working with specialist multi-disciplinary teams interfacing with a wide range of providers and customers.
- Knowledge of Naval Architecture design processes and inter-relationships.
- Ideally working towards Chartership status.
- 5+ years in Naval Architecture/Engineering design/detailing environment. Ideally in consultancy setting or marine operations.
- Experience of vessel-related projects, deck spread development and equipment installation schemes.
- Experience in steel fabrication and manufacturing processes.
- Preparation of technical documentation.
- Able to undertake UK and International travel.
Job Dimensions: Working as a key team member across bids & tenders, live projects and aftersales with the responsibility of overseeing the Naval Architeture capability in the Marine Engineering business.
Location: Head Office, Gloucester, UK with home working offered.
*No recruitment agencies