Senior Control Systems Engineer
Posted: 5th March 2020
Key Results Area, Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- To develop the functional design specifications required for Electrical and Software control systems for MAATS products for delivery across multiple projects.
- Work closely with the Principal engineer to develop all aspects of engineering, design, Manufacture and follow through to delivery of Controls systems from initial concept through to installation and commissioning.
- Work with the Principal engineer to develop and advance our in-house control systems.
- Support the supply chain process for the successful end delivery from sub-contractors of products that require Electrical/Software Control systems.
- Work with identified subcontractors to support the close out of technical queries as swiftly as possible to ensure that products are delivered on time, to the required cost and quality.
- Work within the boundaries of the Quality system, ensuring that relevant paperwork is developed in accordance with the QMS.
- Support the aftersales department with control systems engineering expertise to undertake further work such as upgrades and scheduled maintenance activities
- As part of the role, support is required for the commissioning and service aspects of a project delivery. This will require a hands-on approach with a good attitude towards pressure and on-site problems.
- Hands on approach to resolving technical issues as they arise.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and undertake UK and international travel
- Working within pressurised environments – including possible time offshore at short notice.
- Good interpersonal skills at all levels of the organisation, both internally and externally.
- Good problem solver and objective decision maker.
- Capable of dealing with issues as they develop and solving them swiftly.
- Facilitates other team members to adapt to changing requirements.
- Working with Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical would be advantageous
- Working knowledge of PLC and SCADA systems, programming skills is a requirement.
- Working knowledge of Siemens and Rockwell (ALLEN BRADLEY) systems would be advantageous
- Working knowledge and understanding of VFD’s is a requirement. ABB and Vacon would be advantageous.
- Degree / HNC qualified in an engineering discipline – preferably Electrical and/or Software Systems.
- Understanding of key engineering documentation related to Control systems such as Logic Diagrams, Cause & Effect charts and Control Systems Architecture drawings.
- IT literate.
- Awareness of Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental standards and processes related to the role, this includes site awareness and safety.
- An understanding of panel build/testing would be advantageous.
- Configuration and testing of SCADA Software and PLC based hardware control systems.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networks and Serial Communications such as Modbus, Profibus
- Good knowledge and experience of commissioning VFD’s and of Hydraulic systems is desirable.
Job Dimensions: Working as an integral part of the multi-disciplinary engineering team (including sub-contractors) to deliver the equipment on time, on budget and maintaining MAATS high quality standard.
*Strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions please.