Senior FEA Project Engineer
Posted: 1st June 2022
Purpose: Provide technical leadership on analytical projects.
Key Results Area:
- Assessing complex structures and assemblies to ensure they satisfy client requirements.
- Manage analysis projects. Ensuring that the results are delivered on time, to the cost allowed and to the appropriate quality criteria.
- Mentor and coach junior engineering staff within the FEA Team to assist them in the development of the technical solution to analytical projects.
- Provide a first point of contact with clients during a project to ensure queries are closed out within the shortest possible timeframe.
- Control external analytical resource to ensure the output is delivered on time, to the cost allowed and to the right quality.
- Quality control and internal auditing of the analytical process ensuring the project delivers the expected results to the appropriate standards.
- Provide support as necessary to the Head of Analysis to assist the customer.
- Provide accurate and timely forecasts to the Project Manager to allow for accurate planning, reporting and estimating.
- Management of the technical risk, ensuring that all risks are actioned and mitigated as required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to provide technical leadership to junior members of the team.
- Good problem solver and objective decision maker.
- Capable of dealing with issues as they develop and solving them swiftly.
- Facilitates other team members to adapt to changing requirements.
- Ability to work closely with the customer.
- Ability to question design decisions.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Minimum of 3 years analytical experience using FEMAP & Nastran.
- In depth knowledge of FEA techniques.
- Design and project management processes.
- IT literate.
- 2D and 3D CAD (ideally AutoCAD and Spaceclaim).
- Awareness of Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental standards and processes related to the role.
- In depth knowledge of stress analysis techniques.
- Steel fabrications and mechanisms.
- Preparation of high quality technical documentation.
- Formal calculations, both structural and mechanical.
- Working with external sub-contractors.
- Presentation of results to the client.
- Checking and approving work.
- Working within highly pressurised environments.