Posted: 7th February 2020
Purpose: Interpreting and Managing opportunities through expression of interest and qualification, ensuring timely delivery of high-quality proposals to Clients.
Key Results Area Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Working closely with the Business Development Director to manage client enquiries from initial contact, throughout all stages of qualification until ultimate contract award.
- Responsible for coordinating and communicating effectively with key resources (engineers, procurement, costing, and suppliers).
- Ensuring early engagement with internal and external resources for adherence to deliverables and work plans, agreeing responsibilities to ensure deadlines are met.
- Manage preparation and completion of proposal documents, inclusive of client specific technical, financial and commercial information and terms.
- Defining concepts and budgets in line with procurement and engineering.
- Act as document controller, ensuring a high-quality proposal document is completed on time and in compliance with client requirements.
- Managing several proposals, resource allocating in line with overall company objectives to ensure all proposals are delivered to the client on time.
- Maintaining a master project register and bid tracker to ensure all enquiries are captured and recorded appropriately using MAATS templates/tools/procedures.
- Responsible for continuous review and improvement of the bid procedure.
- Facilitate internal weekly bid team meetings and tender kick off sessions at the start of the tendering process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels of the internal organisation
- Good problem solver with excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Natural multitasker with the ability to adapt to evolving circumstances.
- Critical thinking and ability to work autonomously.
- Commercially aware.
- Ability to work within multi discipline projects.
- Ability to summarise data and present it in a concise format.
- Able to systematically break down work and products and organise them into coherent grouping structures, culminating in defined deliverables.
- Experience in MS Office Packages (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Project).
- Knowledge of MRP Systems is desirable.
- Knowledge or experience in the offshore, oilfield or marine industries would be desirable but not essential.
- Ideally 3 year’s minimum experience within a tendering department of a technical company.
- Experience of preparing progress reports and monthly progress updates.
- Experience of coordinating multiple projects.
- Capable of working within a pressurised environment.
- Broad experience of numerical methods of project analysis. Understanding of their effects and limitations is desirable.
Job Dimensions: Working as an integral part of a multi-disciplinary ‘Win It’ team presenting MAATS products and experience to both new and existing clients.
Location: Head Office, Gloucester, UK
*No recruitment agencies