Seaway CondorCompleted 2000
Owner's concept was to convert the vessel to enhance overall operating capability with the emphasis on Deep Water flexible pipelaying to Petrobras (Brasil) specific requirements of 3 lines simultaneous lay.
MAATS has previous experience with Petrobras lay system requirements with Seaway Osprey and CSOL Flexservice I.
The scope of work covered by MAATS can be summarised as follows:
- Project Management of Design
- Site Management of Conversion
- Feasibility Technical Model Check
- Outline scope of work and coarse budget
- Draft scope of work for shipyard tender.
- Detail Design and Liaison with DNV. SSDS/MAATS.
- Mid body extension of 29m (1000t)
- Removal of Gas Turbine Fire pumps and replacement with additional 1200KW GenSets.
- Modifications of Switchboards and Control gear.
- Additional Retractable azimuthing thruster of 1200KW in aft ship.
- Additional Retractable azimuthing thruster in a fore ship
- Raised aft working deck for lay spread
- Repositioning of existing main crane
- Installation of additional 30t crane
- Installation of overboarding system.
- Provision of midship work pool
- The Lay Spread installation included:
o 3 x 60t flexiline tensioners
o 2 x 15t umbilical tensioners
o 200t 'A' frame*
o 6m Dia Overloading sheaves*
o 1500t Underdeck Carousel Drive System*
o A suite of A/R winches to support the 3 lane lay and centre abandonment system
o A retractable stern table*
o Twin Rov Systems
o Various Control Rooms and electro hydraulic power plant.
* Items marked thus were supplied by MAATS/DMEC on a Design and Build contract.
The incline and final stability document was handled within the MAATS contract by SSDS.
Total Steel weight Addition was about 1600te.
Vessel LW doubled from arrival at shipyard to departure.
Operational results have encouraged Petrobras to sign a four year extension to the vessel's contract with further deep water modifications that are presently under review.
Vessel Revised Parameters:
|Breadth Over Sponsor||22.60m|